Css Weapon Skins Onto GMOD 10

Need help plzzzzz

I have a bunch of css weapon skins and i want them onto gmod 10. i know that u can use the css weapons if u have css of course and i was wondering how to do it. dont even tell me to HEX cuz ill be honest i have NO idead what tht is or how to do it.

Oh noes! You're not a Member!

Want access to cool stuff? As a member you can:

• Post. Give the submitter your thoughts on this Thread.
  • Say Thanks. Show your appreciation by sending the submitter points.
  • Stamp Posts. Let other posters know what you think of their posts.
  • Rate. Give this Thread a rating out of 10.
  • Flag. Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Vote. Vote the submitter for the Monthly Awards.
  • Subscribe. Get notified when this submitter submits again.

Interested? Register or Login

• You must be a member

Replies

• ExtraOrdinary
    Availability
    Points Level
    Peasant
    8,435 points
    Exemplary Feedback Level
    Helper
    14 EF's
    Account Age Level
    Elder
    7 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:

So if I understand now, you want CS:S weapons/skins into GMOD, without having CS:S on steam, or do you have it?

User Title
    Proud GTX285 User (02 June 200
  • roxter
    Availability
    Points Level
    Beggar
    41 points
    Account Age Level
    Elder
    7 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:
    Posted by ExtraOrdinary So if I understand now, you want CS:S weapons/skins into GMOD, without having CS:S on steam, or do you have it?

I think he means that he wants the work off different artist.

User Title
    Homo.
  • Col. StaR
    Availability
    Points Level
    Beggar
    841 points
    Exemplary Feedback Level
    Helper
    10 EF's
    Account Age Level
    Elder
    6 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:

I think he's trying to import custom CSS weapon models, probably gotten from here, and use them in GMOD, probably using the default CSS weapons that Garry added in.

The process is nearly identical to that of installing skins into CSS, just into the Gmod directory. The same folders (Materials, Models, Sounds, ect.) and files all are routed to the right places automatically (because they'll follow the same, identical directory that leads to these new files), and you'll automatically have the new weapon models and sounds.

I have to warn you, however, that some of the custom-weapons you may be trying to import have different origins than the default CSS ones do: with that in mind, adding custom models with custom origins is REALLY going to mess up your iron sights.

My personal recommendations: don't put in complete custom weapons, but maybe some High Definition Reskins: that way you've got less-ugly guns, and your iron sights aren't so messed up.

Hexing isn't important now, I'm assuming, since you don't seem to be creating new SWEPs that will use custom models. It's always a good thing to know, however...

User Title
    "Play for fun, fight to win."
  • cherrypieluva50
    Availability
    Account Age Level
    Veteran
    6 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:

Thx. i prob wont if its gonna screw it up that up. i was just wondering cause there is some video where the person has a AWP skin in CSS and when he uses the AWP in Gmod he has the same skin. o and yes i have CSS on steam with GMOD 10 so thx anyway.

Bananite
  • cherrypieluva50
    Availability
    Account Age Level
    Veteran
    6 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:

Thought id throw this in there will glove skin change anything? i mean like the gloves for the css gun IN gmod cuz i have some kool gloves to. how about the models? i have a arctic avenger model if it works would it show up on the ragdoll??

Bananite
  • Sniler
    Availability
    Account Age Level
    Elder
    7 years old
    Clearance Level
    6 years ago:

I've managed to get the weapons on to garrysmod but I cannot seem to use the w_models for some of skins I downloaded from here as props.

On the CS:S prop menu on Garrysmod only two of the skins I downloaded appear; The M4A1 and USP. But where are the rest are they in the Browse menu?

Bananite
  • Availability
    Points Level
    Peasant
    20,868 points
    Exemplary Feedback Level
    Helper
    12 EF's
    Account Age Level
    Elder
    6 years old
    Clearance Level
    Treehouse VIP
    Username
    IppE
    6 years ago:
    Posted by Sniler I've managed to get the weapons on to garrysmod but I cannot seem to use the w_models for some of skins I downloaded from here as props. On the CS:S prop menu on Garrysmod only two of the skins I downloaded appear; The M4A1 and USP. But where are the rest are they in the Browse menu?

You can find the world models in the browse tab of the Q menu thingy. If you are using custom css w_models with sweps it will stick out of the players crotch since the attachments are different.

User Title
    Misfortune
  • You must be a member

Submitter

cherrypieluva50
Availability
Account Age Level
Veteran
6 years old
Clearance Level

cherrypieluva50

Stats