In this tutorial you will learn how to install and use the ULX Admin Mod. ULX is one of the most used Admin Mod so if you want to open a Garry's Mod server you will certainly need it.
Be aware that ULX may not work with some gamemodes like TTT and you will maybe have to use other Admin Mods like Evolve.
ULX works ONLY in MULTIPLAYER !
To download ULX for Garry's Mod 13 you will need to use an SVN client like TurtoiseSVN.
After you downloaded TurtoiseSVN (or any other SVN client) follow these steps :
1) Go to your Garry's Mod Addon folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps*STEAM NAME*\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons)
2) Create 2 folders and call them "ULX" and "Ulib" (Without the cotes -_-)
3) Right click on the Ulib folder and select "SVN Checkout..."
4) In the first field put this link : https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses.git/trunk/ulib
5) Press OK and wait until the download finish.
6) Repeat the same thing on the ULX folder and with this link : https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses.git/trunk/ulx
NOTE: If TurtoiseSVN ask you for a password use this "anosvn".
NOTE: If you want to use ULX on older version of GMod use this, http://ulyssesmod.net/archive/ulx/install-ulx-v3_54.exe
Once in GMod open your console (²) and follow these steps to add yourself as Admin :
1) Type ulx adduser "YOUR NAME" superadmin (Use RCON of you are not on localserver)
2) You will have ti bind a key witch will open the XGUI.
3) Type bind "YOUR KEY" "xgui"
Now when you press "YOUR KEY" the ULX XGUI will pop-up.
You can change the MOTD (The Message witch pop-up when you join the server) here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps*STEAM NAME*\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ULX\ulx_motd.txt
Edit this file using HTML language and put for example the changelog of your server.
Everything is self explained in the XGUI and you don't really need help using it. To see the list of commands type "ulx help" in your console.
Thanks for reading this tutorial and I hope your installation of ULX was successful.